August 27, 2007

bad at introductions

Well, I'm Christine. And I guess since Nathan is the one who suggested me into this, I'll post the one he likes.

I usually write with a rhyme and a structure, and it's usually pretty light and witty (or at least I try)

I write free verse and open poetry from time to time, but usually I don't show off things that honest.

-Christine

Father'd have a steaming fit of anger at the sight

and I would fight the quivers at the corners of my mouth
But all the world would maybe seem a little more alright
if you would peddle poems on the corner by my house

Stand there in your leather coat, and wait for passers-by
Ask them how they're feeling- if they're looking for an out
Deal 'em all the good shit. Let 'em know that you're their guy
to ask for peddled poems on the corner by my house

2 comments:

Nathan said...

I guess you already know how much I like this one, and I would still like to read it aloud sometime with your permission.

Christine said...

I'm pretty much okay with any of that, as long as I'm credited as the author, you can do what you want with whatever poem you like