January 18, 2008

Verse 33

I have met those
who picked up a bottle of beer
and decided to never put it down
and some folks who have
taken that eternal date
with the white lady

I got some friends
who took that trip to Jupiter
they say they wouldn't trade
the view for the world
and there are some good men
who can only relax with
hot tears rolling down their cheeks

And in my travels I've met
people with really odd names:
Citizen, Son, Daughter, Employee, Sergeant, Doctor
and some people who wouldn't dare
to breathe without asking Jesus first

And when I keep that secret to myself
I feel awful, I really do
I've actually been to the center of the universe
That's where I found you

2 comments:

Melody said...

Glad I saved this link :) Please post this one on your site, I have a friend who might really enjoy it. <3
Love this line:
"and there are some good men
who can only relax with
hot tears rolling down their cheeks"

khrishna said...

i agree with the previous commenter.
i think you should use the phrase "in my travels i have seen" as a repeated phrase instead of changing it every time i. e. "i have met those" and so on.
i think it'd really help tie it together. you have a very casual way of writing that kind of reminds me of ginsburg. it really does.