December 10, 2007

Love Poem 27 & 28

27
You are one of the this world's simple pleasures
like the Beatles on a Tuesday morning

28
I was amazed but not surprised
when the sliver of sun
escaping through the clouds
shone down only on the spot
where we lay
and it enveloped us
in it's halo like form
like God was putting
gold stars by our names
to reward us for our
perfect moment together

And when the snow poured from the sky
It covered you like frosting
but you still stood out
against the vast white canvas
the closest thing to an angel
that has ever kissed me,
A classic Grecian statue
with her porcelain legs
hiding under slender leggings,
spread her wool wings
to reach my hands
and she locked my fingers in hers
pulling me into her divine imprint
in the snow,
gorgeous but lacking,
I embraced her, sharing
all the wisdom that
I had stumbled upon
and kissed the warmth
back into her numb red
nose and cheeks

2 comments:

Melody said...

"I embraced her, sharing
all the wisdom that
I had stumbled upon"

"gold stars by our names"


Oh Nathan *sigh* <3
You are such a... poet <3

samuel said...

thank you for this