November 14, 2007

aggregation

i.
i fell asleep choking
on waterfalls. a girl
gave me twelve good
reasons not to smoke.

so i swallowed two
butterflies and i
told her "true love
knows no bounds."

ii.
i am turning yellow
again now that rain
drops beat my window.
once i drowned near

nirvana and they
didn't find my
body for something
like lifetimes.

iii.
a young gentleman
asks if i am a
writer of haikus.
we both burst

into flames and i
notice how his lips
feel pressed against
my eyelashes.

iv.
each streetlight is
a work of art. every
gravel road writes
its own manifesto.

sometimes i wish i
could swallow this
place whole, just
so i never forget.

2 comments:

Christine said...

The second one is my favorite, and I love the last verses. It all seems so honest and beautiful.

Nathan said...

This is inspiring me to write something this honest.