September 6, 2007

Divine Electricity

I have peeled back the illusory layers of perception, seen the unseen, heard the unheard, felt the unfelt. I have calculated infinity. I have understood that there is no such thing as the past or the future. There is only the now, and it is fleeting. I have understood that there is no such thing as the past or the future, really. That everything that ever was and will be already is. I have stacked the blocks of spacetime and seen how time's arrow does not only fly forward but in infinite directions. I have learned how my now is only an effervescent moment that will undoubtedly pop into the next. I have questioned how many of those moments are actually happening – an infinite amount of bubbles popping into an infinite more. I have wondered how many me's there really are, or if there is only this one that exists in many ways. I have embraced dharma. I have killed my ego and resurrected it, still attempting to understand the paradox of desiring nondesire. I have watched Christ & Buddha wrestle for my attention, only to realize they were actually embracing one another. I now understand the capital T of Truth, why some things are worth seeking.

But when the sun sets and I am done asking questions, I have sat beneath the Centennial, watched the stars reflect in the Mississippi. Here, Brahman swims.

1 comment:

Nathan said...

"I have watched Christ and Buhdda wrestle for my attention only to notice that they were embracing eachother" (or something like that)

That was probably my favorite part. I felt a little let down by the end at first. Then I thought about it more though, and it seems like you found your answer by not looking for it. Then I realized that fit in with the whole theme of the rest of the piece.

Cool.